Monday, November 30, 2015
Virtual Whammy Bar Sidetrack (PWM Motor Driver)
While I was breadboarding the Virtual Whammy Bar I decided I could do more than just send some MIDI messages. So I grabbed a little MOSFET and a small motor, used a PWM output on the PIC16F916, and wrote a bit of code. Nothing more than just an experiment. I drew a red dot on the output pulley of the motor (not that it helps much in the video) to see the movement. It's probably easier to hear the change in speed. Also, I believe I did this before I gave the light sensor more of a log response (in code, via a lookup table), so after a certain point, the speed changes rapidly with very little movement of my hand. But this was just for the sake of doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment